- Easy to bend
- Gives a great sound
- Take no time to change strings
- None I can thing off
- Smooth, silky feel with very little string squeak.
Also, I would really prefer them to be less expensive...but, we get what we pay for in this world...
- Warm tone that I prefer for my guitar recordings; minimal finger noise
- Price; 6th string is round-wound
- Easy to play, sounds great, last for months
Appreciate the update and the free shipping.
- good update/comms/status
- Again, its the tone of these strings.
- I always order in multiple sets, as they are not found in general music shops. Out side of that, there are no "cons" to these strings.
- They have a really nice feel, with no finger 'scrapping'.
- Wear out much too quick.
As a side note, The AC112 set is a completely different experience, not nearly as sensuous in sound or responsiveness.
- Balanced tension, 3 dimensional sound, ease of playing, longevity, are major features
- Less amplitude, light tension, and cost my be disadvantageous for some players.
I've tried 4 different brands on my Martin Custom Jumbo, all were good, but these Strings -
I read a review about how the strings were better after a couple of days on the guitar; I thought that guy was nuts -
he was right. For some reason they seem to come alive.
There is very little string noise and they have less tension so my old hands with a bit of
Arthritis are really enjoying playing again.
The guitar now has the power that a Jumbo should have, plus I have an ease of playing
I also use Flatwounds on my Strat, that's why I tried these. My new go-to company for all
my Guitar strings.
Yes they cost a bit more, the quality and sound is worth it
- Very little string noise
- great playability
My fingers catch on the strings when I fingerpick and strum.
Maybe they will improve with time-will see...
I keep picking it up and playing it just to hear the extra sweetness it now has, especially when played fingerstyle. I was also able to play them hard without buzz (If they do, it may be due to the lower tension and the string angle at the bridge- see a good luthier to solve this).
The bottom line is: I will probably buy these again, expensive as they are.
For those unfamiliar with this model it is a lightweight small-body with a plastic bridge. I tried several string sets, and with an eye to keeping the tension low I included the Plectrums.
The bottom line is that they made the guitar sound very good, much more complex and balanced, and musical. Much better than I had heard with any other set.
I put another set on my wife's entry-level OM (replacing Martin SP lights) and found a similar boost in musicality with the plus of balanced string tension.
They work equally well for finger style and plectrum.
If you are looking for a better than most set of strings, consider trying a set of these.
I tried the AC111 - I haven't looked back - the search is over !
They were tough to find locally - but buying thru JustStrings.com is easier than driving all over town and they ship FAST !
Thank You Very much !