this is a really cool tuning if you are a rhythm player and play with other rhythm players.
I'm sure you've been there, 2, 3, or more players all strumming the same song at the same time. It sounds like....well to much. But with a guitar tuned "Nashville" you punch through .
All your bass lead ins for your chords are an octave above the others and make for a wonderful orchestral sound.
These strings are perfect, just slap them on, no robbing other sets. They sound so good i now build a specially designed guitar for this tuning. Perfect if you have a 2nd guitar lying around.
VERY easy on the neck as there is less tension on the neck then a standard med-light set .
Give them a try. you'll love them.
- EZ on the neck
- Perfect for playing with others
- Great to mulititrack with a standard tuned guitar.
- This tuning played along with a standard tuning gives the sound of a 12 string
- perfect to play along with a ukulele
- low E could be a bit heavier